Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Bienvenido a Miami

Hola!! Ya llegamos a Miami! El tiempo es perfecto! Mucho de sol y calor.

Mom and I went out to this amazing Italia (GEORGE HENRY) restaurante this evening. It was quite fascinating, because in Miami English is the second language. Us north easterners are so used to hearing Spanish spoken, to avoid being understood, that now hearing solamente espanol in order to be understood is amazing. When we walked into Caffe Abbretuccci, the host asked us (in Spanish) the name our reservation was under, and immediately (being so brilliant) I understood answered Hutchinson. Mom was like, "What Elizabeth, did he speak English, because I missed that." Pretty cool. So by the end of la noche mama was truly convinced that instead of Peru I should hang out in Miami for 2 years.

The flight was awful, hence the fact that I never fly AA. It took from 11:30 till 3:30 for the flight to take off and land, on a supposed 2 hour flight. grrr! However, since it's my first time I'll let it slide. As Grandma B just said on Tuesday, the first time it happens you don't know better, the second time, beat them. (Though she was talking about something completely different.) I'll let you all (the 5 ppl reading this) determine that.

I want to say thank you for all the love and the support all of you have shown me via text, calls, and emails. Thank you:
First and foremost my family; Dad, Mom, Georgie, Brenton, and Grant
Also of course: Grandma H & Grandma B, Aunt Ba, Uncle Col, Aunt Marge, Aunt Kathy, Aunt Sue, Aunt Mo, Aunt Fran, Uncle Doug
Meggggers 4L, Maaaac, JLo, Mei Martin, and Lisey for stopping by <333
Roomies; Dana, Nique, Kep and Chlo (DKEC)
Frankie, Johnny & Holly, Meg McLaughlin, AJ, Aunt Diane
y por supuesto Tom my Peruvian guide

Sorry I'm naming ppl, I just went through the list of the past few days. I know there are 100 more of you that have been there for me and supported me, know that I love and appreciate all of you!!

Okay loves, buenas noches! (I have to get up at 6:30)
PS: Hopefully, by the end of this you all will learn at unas pocas palabras en espanol.

No comments: