5 of February
What a week. Well after that whole registration fiasco, things went pretty well, because I was told not to deal with her till my bosses came on Wed to have the meeting with her. I continued with my weekend as planned doing the cevichara with the new association and did the Young Entrepreneurs charla in San Clemente with the youth group of another volunteer, Erin. That was a success and as far as I know they will all be attending this Sundays class. On the down side of that mass actually got changed from 6 am (with the old priest) to 11:30 am! Therefore, I will prob now go, minus the days I have this Jovenes Emprendedores class. Monday went well, the piura volunteers had their monthly meeting with Wilfredo then in the afternoon I left to go teach computer classes in Catacaos. Tuesday I made firm the times of the meetings for Wednesday and really didn’t do much else, I considered Tuesday my Sunday now I’ve decided until these classes are over. Then Wednesday came around and I went again to make sure that people would be at the meetings. But of course, since alfredo and wilfredo came late no one waited and the alcalde couldn’t meet with them which was kinda embarrassing though I told him, and I told Alfredo that I really tried to make sure. But, he said as long as I wasn’t have any issues with him and everything was good, don’t worry about it. Then we ate lunch at my house and talked about what projects I tried to start, why they failed, and what could be done to better them. Right now, I’m writing some proposals for the colegio to teach there comp and JE courses to quinto grado which is basically like juniors in high school. Which I think would be a useful tool, since they have to attend, being a part of the class and during the school day. We’ll see…
Then the most anxious part of my day had arrived, the meeting with Martha. Of course, before we went over Alfredo asked me what exactly I wanted to get out of this meeting. I told him I’m having a lot of difficulties actually making a difference in the association itself. I feel as if I am only working with Martha or should I use the term for her. So to make a long story short, during the meeting, the most patient man I have ever meet and one of the kindest, Alfredo, I swear almost choked the woman. Haha!! I was like *revelation* I am not crazy!! He came up with a tentative schedule of meetings where I have to meet with the board members you know the secretary and treasurer who can not write or read. (Not saying anything negative about that, but when they have been in the board for 14 years, you have to wonder what exactly is the secretary or treasurer doing.) So I will meet with them tomorrow at 9 am to go over what the goals of the assoc are and what I can do to help and do they want me, then we shall meet with the active socias, which Alfredo determined, from the 300 she claims the assoc to have, only 20 are active. This meeting should pass in February around the 19th and if Martha does not comply with the terms said above, I shall not be working with her anymore.
Although my mom, who is very excited about this parting, would say this is the break I should want, I still secretly hope that she changes. (I guess I’m like that pathetic girlfriend always wanted the boyfriend to change, and you as a friend watching the train wreck realize, that is never going to happen, may seem like it at times to the g.f. aka me, but the boy is just running tricks behind her back.) I know, I know! So why, you must ask, am I torturing myself?..the glory that may come if just this once that this man will change! Do not mock me, I am a volunteer and thus it is my job to try, try and try again.
It’s all about reaching the people =) < I was def being sarcastic with that line even when you say it you should add, in a bit of a hippy voice, “man.” Though in truth that is el punto of why I pursue this horrible situation with this malicious lady.
Wish me luck! Though by the time you read this it will have been done and over with and I will be teaching comp in Catacaos! The joys of the 4 hour class…
Elizabeth
Monday, February 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment