Sunday, September 28, 2008


yepp this is excuse #1 why I was late on the way there and arrived monday afternoon and not monday morning! We left onthebus at 6pm and drove for about 10 minutes when we justcollapsed to the side. Everyone was sitting in their seatslike whatdid we go up a curb or something. Then people started leaning on theside ofthebus to look out the window and see whathappened. Well, being that I know what happens when you lean a lot of your weight on one side of something, me and this other girl who were on the bus were like everyone to the other side so that it pulls the weight to the other side. Then we had everyone file off the bus because stuffwas sliding off the top shelf andhitting people. Well when were all safely outside, you had peoplelikecrying thinkign they justhad a serious near-death experience lol! And since we were still so close to town, people's family starting showing up and like freaking out hugging eachother. I was of course the person calling people adn being like omg this is craziest/funniest thing i've ever seen. I could never imagine the road just collapsing!! Well after standing around for 2 hours guarding the bus the policebrought a huge truck with the bus agency to empty our suitcases and put them into a new bus we were taking at 8:30. We did get out of Piura at about 8:30 but unfortunately it wsan't in the nice semi-cama buses that we were taking, it was in the awful 90 degree seats that destroy your back. So I barely slept in that for the 14 hour bus ride.
OKay well that explains a bit.. im trying to DL some videos but its taking forevs.

YEp...the bus just crashed through the road it was crazy!!

I feel like I should have more pistures but i drew enough attention to myself being the grings whipping out the camera to take the pics of this.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, I never realized you were going to Peru to become a star. Pedregal Idol --- it will surely become a big hit! lol

As for the harrowing bus experience, I am so grateful no one was seriously injured and that under such extreme conditions you were able to gather your wits about you and do what needed to be done to help. Moving everyone to the other side of the bus was pure genius! Guess Univ. of Del. really did teach you something! Love, Mom xoxoxo