Sunday, July 6, 2008

(This is something I forgot to post last week)
I hope you all like the pictures I posted... finally I found a speedy cafe!! YAY me! Okay so here are some observations that I´ve come across starting from last Sunday... I went to church and was amazed at the casual dress and attire of the people at mass. Also, my church isn´t extravagent and beautiful like the ones most of us usually see in Europe and Mexico.. mine is basic missionary style, much like Christ the King, my parrish at home. I was the most dressed up on kakis and a blazer... my family thought I was a bit much but I thought of Jan dying if I wore jeans and a tank top to mass lol... When I asked why people don´t dress up and my sister said that people go to mass more as a face saving rutine, basically everone knows if you dont go to mass and then they talk about you. Also, she said that since the missionaries came and preached to people in their day to day clothes, now it is no different, people go to mass in their normal clothes, interesting right... Mass was exactly the same.. except in another language go figure !! Then Monday it was the samee as usual.. Shots in the morning I think I got the hipatitis shot and rabbis again (fyi* i can´t spell those in english therefore I typed them in Spanish hoping you all wouldn´t notice kind of pathetic I know but I think I do it often through out my blog.. I´m just a really terrible speller) Que mas...

...I´ll have to post more later bc i only have 9 min left ---posting pics takes forev. But someone said that it seems like we are partying alot.. that is not true at all and I´m sorry if it has come across like thats all we do... its not.. it´s just who wants to read about the 19th lecture ive received on rape, my safety, or diarrhea... so from now on I will leave out reunions and and my weekend activities

2 comments:

dcaroma said...

Elizabeth, it's a good thing you got your rabbis shot, because you don't want to become a Jewish religious figure...

when do you get a priest shot?

Unknown said...

Lizard,

I love reading your posts so keep them coming. It sounds absolutely awesome (except the living monsters in your bedroom; I fell off my chair when I read about the critters in your trash bag and am now sitting at my desk with my feet up). Despite that, I'm very envious and it sounds like you're gaining a world of experience few of us will ever have. Stay healthy and keep the pics coming!

Love always,
Mei-