Sunday, March 21, 2010

It’s my party and I’ll eat if I want too.

I absolutely love my birthday.  I swear it gives me power over people. Like for instance: Using the PC projector to show the movie on the NGO borrowed screen.  Yeh, I did. I went into the NGO and was basically like, “All those FREE courses I teach that make you look good in Lima? Well, pay up.” And Ing. Hernan did. Bless him and his horribly putrid bad breath. So with a screen and projector I headed to my sisters to tackle the cookie cake.  I got a great recipe and decided to double it to ensure we had enough left overs. FOR ME. (GD family sent all the leftovers to the neighbors – another custom we don’t have in the states/GIVE ME MY CAKE!) Back to the story we made double the recipe but though I said we should divide into two dishes, Kerry thought it best to make it thick.  It turned out fantastic, but for the next one, it will be thin in the respectable and iconic style of the Great American Cookie Cake model.  All hail.

Well, like I may have mentioned, my party was in states style.  However, lacked one KEY concept: The Cumpleañera does no work. By the time my party officially began at 8, I was already sweating through my clothes and constantly wiping my face off.  I was super annoyed about that… but enough complaining

I ended up FINALLY getting to the buffet at about 9:45 when everyone had served 3rds and some I saw ppl going for their 6ths, I had half a nerve to punch that person/ with a shot in me i might have.  But the food was phenomenal and Kerry la cocinera did a smashing job.

Besides that, the party was a hit truly I had all the beds made up in the house so everyone stayed over after the movie and even food for the morning, but everyone peaced out at about 7:30/8ish, basically while I was still sleeping, which Mari yelled at me for not saying good-bye, thanking them, and making them eat something. IT WAS MY BIRTHDAY BITCH. RESPECT. So shove it.

After a leisurely breakfast with Erin and Kerry, I headed into the city at around 10:30 to tomar el sol at a local top notch hotel called Portales. Then at 2 P.m. I was overcome with ravenous hunger and headed out but at 2 on a Sunday there is nothing opened so we decided on an extremely overpriced mediocre tasting meal at the food court.  After though we headed to the cinema to see Valentine’s Day. Which in my opinion was fabulous minus Ashton Kutcher, wasn’t he cool like 5 years ago, what’s going on in America? Why is he a lead? Seriously, it’s come to actors like Ashton in films? Might as well extend my service…

Anyway without my bitching about the insane amount of work, everything went smoothly and I cumplir-ed 24 anos without a flaw. 

Okay to bed, next post more about CITE and the latest turn of events.

Chao xoxo,

Elizabeth

No comments: