
A mom weaving in her house
me and esther taking a photo after we completed the Pepfar workshop
Me, Naqui, and Mari at my brothers house for some food after we went to the mass for my dad at the cathedral
Me and Iris
Iris with a client at the fair
This is the enterance to fair.. pretty cool right
Well it has been awhile sorry about that. My mom yelled at me so I guess I should write some things to apease her. April was really busy for me. The first week was getting into the swing of things after my vacation and trying to set up dates for the new session of computer course with the artisans as well as preparing for the Peru Gift Show fair 22-24 of April.
Semana Santa was a blast, I went up to Ancash and climbed a 15,000 ft mountain with 4 other volunteers! That was insane and prob not the best idea for a first time hiker to attempt. We did 60 km, in 3 days of hiking and my feet can prove it. I{m officially minus 2 toenails with 2 more on their last leg. My feet look like dunkin donuts glazed munchins...its really ugly and i have to wear gauze around my toes and use socks and sneakers... that part sucks bc its so hot and sneakers are the last thing i would like to put on my feet. Plus my sneakers dont match any of my outfits so ive been wearing my yoga pants everyday or shorts. I know, who cares what i put on my feet, but i ask you people to allow me that vanity when i have so little in this line of work! So when i got back from Ancash, I had the Pepfar workshop, which was a weeklong conference on Aids in Peru. I went to this with 2 people from my town. It was really informative and I actually start work with these people tomorrow to do workshops for my town and in Narihaula (which is the town over). The Pepfar workshop lasted till SAturday adn then Monday I was on the bus again, but this time heading toward Lima, for the fair. Tuesday, we spent all day setting up the stand for the fair. Wed, Thurs, and Fri from 8 am till 7 we were at the fair selling. I had a great time because I stayed at an embassay house that was 1 block from where the fair was being held. I got to walk to work everyday and make dinner with a real stove, pack a lunch and eat cereal!! It was a perfect minivaca! Right now im sitting in the cabina as she writing back to clients from the fair itself. Okay thats the update for now, ill write more another time!!

No comments:
Post a Comment