Wednesday, March 4, 2009

3 de Marzo

I am over the moooon right now!! K emocion! Family comes in 4 days and by the time I post this 3 days!! I can’t wait!! I haven’t seen them in 9 months, 9 MONTHS!! I feel like it’s been years!! Thank God, Grant is basically done growing or I’d prob being sentimental about that as well! Well, nothing new here, I’m working really hard and trying to tie up all the loose ends so no one calls me on vacation, I would love to turn my cell off during my vacation, but I think PC would have safety/security issues with that.

Well other than boring day to day I have a really funny story for you, that I wish I had captured on video but I ddin’t have battery!! Grrr!! Well my mom has been killing a lot of animals lately to mail to relatives and give as gifts for those who have visited for vacations. So this week she killed 4 birds, 1 turkey, 3 chickens. Well of the 4, three I had the luck of missing the killing, bleeding and defeathering of. But the 4th I didn’t escape, it was today and one of her stepsons was leaving to Lima 2 weeks early and she didn’t have a chicken prepared for himto take with him, so obviously she had to kill one. As we go into the corral she called me to help her, with what I wasn’t too sure, but excited to help. So I get out there and immediately the chicken we need to corral has like a 6th sense and knows God is calling him home therefore frantically running around. Well a neighborhood boy, Marvid is helping to gather it and it was my job to get it my the wings as it was cornered toward me, so I’m thinking I can do this right, I mean its only a chicken, I’m not a priss, I was a pretty hardcore tomboy when it came to outdoorsy things. Well, the second that crazy chicken was headed in my direction I gave a scream and started running from it, which only antagonized the thing to come at me!!! I was in fact having the chicken chase me instead of me chasing the chicken, all the while screaming like a little girl! (pause to imagine it)

It was one of the funniest experiences I have had here, now that I look back on it, at the time, it was the scariest.

PS my mom was so ashamed I couldn’t corral the mad chicken, I mean honestly, I’ve adapted to feeding and then 1 day later eating these animals, seeing them hang from our clothes line and have eaten out of the same bowl they use for draining… I think I have done enough “acustombrar-ing”, they can stuff it. (haha i guess they could actually do that with the chicken they killed)

2 comments:

mcuneo said...

HAHAHA. That just sums up your and my experience in different countries. You get chased by chicken and I get chased by sheep. By the way I thought you were talking about your mom, like Jan. I was like thank the lord she sent me people magazine and not a dead animal. Anyway I hope you have an awesome time with the fam. I will talk to you soon!
Marcy

Unknown said...

Marcie, since I didn't realize the Peruvian custom of sending dead chickens... please forgive my faux pas. Watch for your next package from the Hutchinsons in New Jersey:)