So I havent written in a while, I'm sorry... I've been really busy with reconnect.REconnect is a three month reunion after our initial 3months at site. I spent the week talking about my site and hearing about other people's sites. It was a good time Imissed everyone a lot, but it was also good to hear everyone else's perception of site, because Irealized how lucky I am and how happy I am. Thank you pop and uhoh (for putting in the good word). My site no matter how much I think I deal with is nothing compared to others. Also I am happy for all i deal with and the activities I am busy with, because as I foudn out a lot of other people aren't as busy as I am. I'm heading to Lima for another fair dec 19-21 which is good to keep my mind off the holiday... which will be esp hard this year w.o. my fam. But I think it will be good for me to learn another cultures non-materialistic perception of Christmas. But who am I kiddin, I still miss my shit load of presents!!!!! lol !!!! and not to mention the cold... it has started the season where you are sweating beyond belief... I have (what karrie calls) swamp ass. It's like walking around with a wet butt... i knowthat sounds graphic but it is!! lol okay the reason I am in the city is becauseI have the AIDS conference tomorrow since PEPFAR is starting their campaign in Peru and one of the departments that the epidemic is highest is Piura where I live. So tomorrow starts the PEPFAR conferences and I will be participating with my alcalde and the districto alcalde. Then I have to head back to my site because I have the session de tutoria at 4 but before that there is a man with my artisans that is teaching alternative dying techniques for our products... which im really excited about... so we will see. I'm glad to have gone to reconnect and here other peoples experiences because I have come to realize howlucky i am to have my site and be as happy as I am. Okay well I will write later...
Chau
Elizabeth
Tuesday, December 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment