Okay well its been two days since the opening of the sign up sheet and how many people signed up…0. Que triste! I made sure to go out of my way to talk some of the people I new from the surrounding towns to have them pasa la voz (spread the word). So I will continue from the last time I wrote.
For New Years me and some of the other volunteers went to the beach. It was a good time, but not as relaxing as I had hoped*. And now I’m back to the grind getting a few things done for the artisans. My basic goals for the next month is to start a computer class for the artisan groups in the area, register all the artisans from my association and/or town in the records of the Regional Government, continue and implement the product codes with my association, start the product catalogue for a rival association (we’ll see how that pans out when Martha finds out lol), and to organize a filing cabinet (archivador) for the association. Probably only 2 of the above will get done, I’m being optimistic. It’s not that it just won’t get done, its just that everything gets put off for “tomorrow”, or “the next week”, or “…just after I finish this”. Extremely frustrating when I know it wouldn’t take that long and also I will be working on increasing and better or materials of promotion, business cards, catalogues and banners. This too is a bit frustrating because my assoc doesn’t want to put in that much money into the promo materials, but it needs to be done to look professional. Also I think I have to do some fundraisers with the association and track the funding… I’m not accusing anyone, but money seems to be disappearing…
All the while pushing for these “Jovenes Emprendedores” classes to be successful. I know it seems like random amount of stuff, but this all needs to get done, though I don’t know if it will, because it needs two parties to accomplish things. In good news though, Camp ALMA (Actividades liderazco para mujeres adolescantes) Leadership activities for adolescent women, will be this up coming weekend and should prove to be successful. Two girls from Pedregal will attend and hopefully listen and put to use the information that will be presented. Speakers will be discussing themes like, self esteem, stereo types, breaking the glass ceiling, machista, Si se puede (yes you can), motivation, Querer es poder. This should be very educational for the girls.Two speakers though just dropped out yesterday so I’m kinda freaking out because that is my job so today I think I’m going to visit the municipality of Piura to try and persuade the mayor (who is a woman, of course) to come in and do a speech. We shall see…
Okay I have to head into Catacaos and Piura about now, but hopefully all of you have had a great week and will have a nice January. Sorry about those videos if anyone knows how I can download them that would be extremely helpful, I think the file is too big or something. I might have to start using Youtube.
I’ll keep you updated..
Much love xoxo ekh
Thursday, January 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment